Does this sound familiar?
How do I “self heal” I am so tired of people around me. I can’t stand family members or other humans. People are constantly rude, judging and mean. Even family members – I just can’t stand them at all. I don’t know what to do. I definitely can be uptight and stubborn, but I just don’t know how to loosen up. I am a very viby person who feels energy and mimics it off people. I feel so drained mentally and physically I feel tired. How do I heal myself?Lost Soul
People approach ‘self-healing’ for a variety of reasons, of course. Traumatic upbringing, domestic abuse – too many reasons to consider. But professional therapy aside, let’s look at an approach to the above, through the lens of personal power, and perhaps we can take a hint as to how to approach our own personal self-healing needs.
First of all, do you really want to know the answer? I mean, are you prepared to act on the information, or are you just casually browsing? Because here comes the truth:
“SELF” Healing means it’s on you. You take control of you. You own your authority to create your self, your life and your destiny.
1. “I am so tired of people” = Stop being with people, or change your style of interaction to a way that energizes you. It’s on you, not them.
2. “I can’t stand family members or other humans.” = Stop being with family members, or change your style of interaction to a style that you can stand.
3. “People are constantly rude, judging and mean.” = You have NO AUTHORITY over people. You CAN’T CHANGE other people. Give up. Hang out with other people. Not all people are rude, judging and mean. Or, see #1.
4. “I just don’t know how to loosen up.” = Excellent observation. The first step to a healthy engagement with a needed rejuvenation process. R & R, consistently, good rest and nutrition consistently, satisfying engagement with work with plenty of breaks for yourself to have some FUN in between. I have a very good 1.5-hour recorded program on this topic if you’d like some assistance. It’s very cheap and might help you in this regard.
5. “I am a very viby person who feels energy and mimics it off people.” = STOP mimicking people. It’s a choice. Perhaps an engrained habit pattern, but you can unlearn that. Boundaries and intent counts for something. Learn to make conscious choices by familiarizing yourself with, strengthening and practicing with your personal capacities.
6. “I feel so drained mentally and physically I feel tired.” ＝ Of course you do. And it’s time to make some changes, or concede that you will feel like this forever. Physical and mental tiredness can be remedied with proper care of the mind and body. On the mind level it means learning how to use the mind mechanism properly. Learning how it functions and why it functions the way it does. Learning the skillful means of engaging with it. Body tiredness means proper nutrition, exercise, rest. Properly digesting your emotions, meaning, acknowledging how you feel and owning your part in creating how you feel and making some decisions regarding how you will continue to feel, will play a large part in healing the body and mind, too.
That’s it. SELF-controlled healing 101.
…is a Saiva Tantrika, Gyana Yogi and founder of Uma Maheshwara Yoga & Ayurveda. David has an MA in Semiotics, lives in Japan with his family and works as a coach in L & D, devoting his time to developing science-based tools and programs that help people reach the fullest potential of the human condition.